As a Senior Data Scientist at IQVIA, you will be joining a fast-growing team of collaborative and enthusiastic individuals who are driving machine learning and cutting-edge statistical methods to advance healthcare. Our efforts directly impact patient care, improving under-diagnosis of rare diseases, personalized treatment response profiles, disease progression predictions, and clinical decision-support tools.
- Lead a remote sub-team of 3-4 data scientists based across the US, UK, and India
- Work with clients in Saudi Arabia, building up working relationships with key stakeholders in the region, and leading the data science workstreams on this project
- Shape and develop requirements for answering ambitious life science problems
- Address requirements by developing and applying appropriate ETL processes and machine learning methodology
- Work with local healthcare data and manage tasks that can be distributed remotely
- Research machine learning techniques that could improve our offering
- Communicate technical concepts and analytical outputs to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Proactively identify opportunities for innovation and areas for improvement across the workflow
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning, including proficiency in the use of Python, R, SQL
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of data scientists
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
Q1. What is the primary aim of the Senior Data Scientist role at IQVIA?
- The primary aim of the role is to lead a large, high profile, and prestigious client project within Saudi Arabia, to develop multiple ML solutions on highly complex, large-scale patient healthcare data to deliver patient-level alerts to healthcare providers.
Q2. What are the responsibilities of a Senior Data Scientist at IQVIA?
- Responsibilities include leading a remote sub-team of 3-4 data scientists based across the US, UK, and India, shaping and developing requirements for answering ambitious life science problems, addressing those requirements by developing and applying appropriate ETL processes and machine learning methodology, researching machine learning techniques that could improve our offering, and communicating technical concepts and analytical outputs to a diverse set of stakeholders.