Are you an experienced OSP Engineer looking for a new challenge? Join the team at Cyient, a global engineering and technology solutions company, as we partner with leading organizations worldwide to provide design, build, and maintain services. Our focus includes industries such as aerospace and defense, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- Design OSP Engineering packages within BAU, DOT project scopes
- Work closely with DOT or City Engineers to recognize possible conflicts and work with civil engineers for possible redesigns to remedy conflicts while in the design stage of project
- Have a strong understanding of Design and construction of Outside plant copper and fiber Cables (UG, Aerial, Buried) and manhole and conduit designs
- Organize and analyze drawings prior to setup and discuss project complexity and time estimates with technical and supervisory personnel
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per company policies
- Finalize the deliverable package to the customer and verify all supporting documentation has been prepared properly
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of industry-specific experience
- Must live within 50-65 mile radius of the Cyient office in Allen Tx and be able to respond to customer-initiated field meeting within the Dallas Ft. Worth area.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Civil engineering Road plans and profile drawings to recognize possible conflicts
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to read, understand, interpret, input, and analyze data
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks
- Ability to communicate daily progress status to all reporting managers and stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in Outside Plant Telecom Engineering
- 5+ year of experience in ROW/Permitting requirements
- 2+ years of experience commonly used Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license & insurance
- Must successfully pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
Additional experience a plus but not required:
- 1+ year of experience with GO95, GO128, NEPA 70 and other industry-specific standards & regulations
- 1+ year of experience with FROGS, VARASSET, GAP
- 5+ years experience permitting processes (highway, railroad, city, county) are also highly desired.
- What is the primary responsibility of an OSP Engineer at Cyient?
- Designing OSP Engineering packages within BAU, DOT project scopes while working with civil engineers to recognize and remedy possible conflicts.
- What qualifications are required to be an OSP Engineer at Cyient?
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of industry-specific experience, and advanced analytical and problem-solving skills. Additionally, candidates must live within the required radius of the Allen Tx office and have a valid driver’s license and insurance.