Website Cummins India Limited
As a Junior Shop Manager Test Ops-Emissions, you will perform routine and repetitive tests, set-ups, and calibrations in support of Instrumentation Engineering activities. You will install terminals, fabricate and assemble electronic systems and test cells, construct and install test cell harnesses, and fabricate test rigs and fixtures. Additionally, you will complete minor mechanical system assembly, install, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair gauges, transducers, heat exchangers, cooling systems, smoke meters, fuel systems measurement, and oil consumption test rigs.
- Perform routine and repetitive tests, set-ups, and calibrations.
- Install terminals, fabricate and assemble electronic systems and test cells.
- Construct and install test cell harnesses.
- Fabricate test rigs and fixtures.
- Complete minor mechanical system assembly.
- Operate less complex data acquisition systems as directed.
- Use a number of general tools including but not limited to digital multimeter, soldering iron, function generator, and frequency generator.
- Read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams.
- Execute written test plans and reports on test results in a specified format.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other functions.
- Participate in the maintenance of quality procedures.
- Participate in improvement projects.
- Participate in self and team audits and associated corrective action.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Basic understanding of electronics, mechanics, and hydraulics.
- Understanding of basic electrical principles.
- Familiarity with measurement equipment and diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge of test cell instrument calibration and maintenance is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Action-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication abilities.
- Decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated and results-driven.
- Data acquisition proficiency.
- Data reporting capabilities.
- Product function test system design expertise.
- Test setup and configuration skills.
- Test articles build mastery.
Q1. What education do I need to become a Junior Shop Manager in Test Ops-Emissions?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Q2. Is experience required for this role?
- Yes, you must have at least 1+ years of relevant experience.