Website Ford Motor Company
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career with one of the world‘s leading automotive companies? Ford Motor Company is hiring a Director of SRE to join their team! This role is responsible for the overall strategic and operational leadership of the Site Reliability Engineering team. Learn more about this position and apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Led a team of Software/Systems Engineers on projects used and enjoyed by users worldwide. Manage Ford Credit’s uptime record.
- Own availability and performance of mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, care for the team and establish credibility with the quality of the team’s technical execution.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Ford Credit Services.
Q. Are there any Preferred Qualifications?
A. Yes, Cloud, DevOps, and Engineering Certifications Innovating anticipating the future, and working toward continuous improvement in Infra and SRE domain, Dealing with ambiguity to develop solutions that work for partners from various subject areas to meet an aggressive timeline, Experience with relational database internals and deployment at cloud scale, Experience in cloud application development solutions, such as GCP, Kubernetes, Experience leading teams of greater than 100 people, History of strong leadership focused on a collaborative, results–oriented culture, visionary thought leadership, A validated teammate who will build a collaborative environment, Strong written and verbal communication skills with the capability to facilitate deep technical conversations, ability to explain clearly the benefits of an architectural approach, and Communicating a new direction or change with a clear rationale and/or sense of urgency are preferred.
Q. What Experience is Needed?
A. 10+ years of technology experience, 10+ years of experience with Infra operations, 4+ years of hands–on experience with SRE, 5+ years defining product vision, functional requirements, release plans, and roadmaps, 5+ years of experience translating business objectives into execution strategy, and successful execution of the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership is needed.
Conclusion: This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast–paced, dynamic environment and become part of a team of highly skilled professionals. This job offers the potential to gain a deep understanding of the infrastructure and SRE domain, and the chance to make a difference in the world of technology. If you have the required qualifications and experience, then this is an ideal opportunity for you to grow your career and make a lasting impact.