Website UltraTech Cement Limited
Looking for a City Head in the cement industry? Join ABG42345 Cement India Careers as a City Head (Solapur) and manage plant operations, sales targets, and customer management at our Shiroli MIDC Plant in Kolhapur. Apply now with 10-15 years of relevant experience in the cement industry.
- Resolve day-to-day customer grievances related to cracks, workability, slump control, pumping issues, cube failures, etc.
- Visit the site frequently to meet the concerned site in charge, project managers, influencers, and various agencies during project planning & execution.
- Build rapport to execute a smooth flow of operation.
- Design and implement periodic preventive maintenance for plants and machinery.
- Ensure vendors follow the mandatory safety guidelines.
- Track the life cycle of each of the spare parts.
- Conduct physical stock measurement and reconciliation.
- Planning & Budgeting:
- Prepare, consolidate, and analyze plant plans and budgets.
- Planning & Scheduling for Plant Commissioning:
- Ensure certification from the respective Plant Heads after the successful commissioning of the plant.
- Ensure all gaps in the project commissioning are closed.
- Deploy manpower at the site for smooth execution of pours.
- Optimize the route plan for TMs for their safe and timely passage.
- Perform site appraisal prior to pouring with respect to determining the shortest motorable route, condition of the site, matching of time of pour with the client, measurement if required, and QC infrastructure of client.
- Plan the installation of Pumps and pipelines, movement of TMs, and movement of Application engineers to the concreting site.
- Ensure closure of sales targets within the price range specified in the SOP.
- Assess the available equipment backup for the execution of orders.
- Ensure adherence to electrical safety measures in the plant.
- Ensure adherence to safety measures for batching plant and surrounding areas and implement lockout tag out.
- Ensure TM and pump vendors comply with safety parameters.
- Record all safety-related observations/incidents on MySetu.
- Address any environmental pollution-related grievances from the neighboring communities adjacent to the plant.
- Ensure adherence to environmental or anti-pollution norms set up by the government at the plant.
- Track and control the water usage, energy usage, and CO2 emission or emission of dust/particulate matter and other pollutants/wastes at the plant.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or an MBA.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in the cement industry.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.