Looking for a new opportunity in warehousing and logistics in Chennai, India? Check out our AGM position and apply today to join our team and take your career to the next level.
Q: What is the job title?
A: The job title is WH Team Member.
Q: What is the job level/designation?
A: The job level/designation is M2.
Q: What is the function/department?
A: The function/department is Commercial.
Q: Where is the job located?
A: The job is located in Chennai.
Q: What is the job purpose?
A: The job purpose is to maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, policies and procedures, and to comply with statutory and local warehousing, material handling, and logistics requirements by studying existing and new laws, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
Q: What are the key result areas/accountabilities?
A: The key result areas/accountabilities are:
- Maintaining the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, and issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieving financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Completing warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintaining warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintaining warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and pieces of training, and establishing personal networks.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
Q: What are the core competencies, knowledge, and experience required for the job?
A: The core competencies, knowledge, and experience required for the job are:
- Developing budgets
- Safety management
- Developing standards
- Managing processes
- Surveillance skills
- Inventory control
- Reporting skills
- Analyzing information
- Equipment maintenance
- Good process/systems knowledge/experience
- Presentation skills
- Technical/professional qualifications (postgraduate in any field or BTech)